EVENTS SERIES 2016
EVENT # 1 CREATING HEALTHY SOIL ON VASHON
When: 2 PM, Saturday April 23rd
Where: VISD High School Theatre
Keynote Speaker: Steven Bramwell, Director Washington State University Thurston County Extension
- Tour our Transfer Station 11AM, with King County Officials (Kerwin Pyle and Eric Johnson) and our community. See what improvements have been made. Bring suggestions as to what services might be improved.
- Tour our High School 3:30 PM, see our high school’s green features, conducted by Facilities manager Dave Wilke and Facilities Architect Kim Goforth
EVENT # 2 BIOCHAR (Island Center)
When: 2 PM, Saturday June 18
Where: Island Center New VAA Building
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Norm Baker
- 10:00 AM Country Store Workshops – Permaculture, pesticides/herbicides, the worm guy all will be giving 20 minute overviews of their expertise.
- 3:30 PM Biochar Workshops, Demonstrations, Products, Music at Seattle Distilling
EVENT # 3 Anaerobic Digestion (Strawberry Festival Booth)
Learn about the options for recycling food waste on Vashon.
EVENT # 4 The Case for Composting (Land Trust Building)
The Case for Community Compost
When: 2 PM, Saturday September 10th
Where: Land Trust Building
ACE Hardware –
- 10:00 AM Dennis Irwin– PermacultureDesign
- 10:45 AM Amy Holmes – Composting Animal Waste
- 11:30 AM Food Too Good to Waste (Learn to save food and money)
- 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM ZeroWaste Vashon Booth at the Harvest Fair